Upgrade process is quite straightforward:
- Backup standby unit
- Upgrade standby unit
- Active system forced to standby
- Verify upgraded unit works OK
- Do same steps with other system.
Note that no configuration changes should be done while BIG-IP systems are running different versions.
- You can can download upgrade / hot fixes in askF5 pages. File consist of 3 files. ISO (upgrade file itself), checksum (check if file is corrupted), release notes (upgrade tutorial).
- You can verify checksum via command md5sum -c <File.md5>
- Files are installed via command image2disk –hotfix –instslot<slot> <File.iso>. Hotfix parameter is omitted in full version install.