- ACE (Application control engine) is a device that utilizes intelligent NAT to load balance traffic to servers
- Load balancing decisions can be based on any information within the L3 to L7 data.
- ACE handles all primary functions in hardware and has many, many hardware processors that are specific to each task it needs to do.
There are 3 known ACE products:
- ACE 10/20-MOD-K9. This is module for 6500 catalyst switches
- ACE4710-K9 this is standalone appliance
- ACE30-MOD-K9 this is enhanced module for 6500 catalyst switch